Tangier day trip is for those travelers who only have a few hours to visit the city. Whether you have arrived in the northern city by plane or if you arrive by ferry or cruise, we will pick you up where we agree. We will tour with you the main tourist attractions that you must visit. It is also for those who spend a few days in Tangier but want the comfort of guided visit with transportation.
Tangier, "the high", as the Moroccans nickname it, is the surprising northern gate of Morocco. Land of spies and intrigues, it was a city of welcome of illustrious writers like Paul Bowles who resided in it attracted by the aura of its mystery. The city travels at an incredible speed of new modernity and luxury and combines ancient Arabic styles and the influence of old Spanish and French protectorates. It is, therefore, a mixture of styles as a border city open to the sea that looks towards Europe from the Strait of Gibraltar. Not in vain is one hour from Tarifa (Spain) by ferry.
With the car we take you to Cape Spartel. We pass through a beautiful residential area and the royal palaces to the Perdicaris Park. It was once the residence of a couple that bore this name, and recorded the most famous international incident in the area of the early twentieth century. To reach the lighthouse of Cape Spartel is to know one’s at the crossroads of two oceans, since at this point the Mediterranean and the Atlantic meet. Along with the lighthouse of Malabata, it flanks the bay of Tangier.
You will find amazing views of cliffs and beaches that we meet later. You will also have the opportunity to walk with dromedaries that are in the area. The road takes us to Hercules Caves, whose silhouette to the sea is the most representative image of Tangier and marked the entrance for centuries of the African continent.
The way back will lead us to Marshan neighborhood, in the square of the imposing royal palace. There is the small enclave of Phoenician tombs carved into the rock, one of the most crowded viewpoints to Gibraltar’s Strait among the inhabitants of the city. You can also have tea at the Hafa café that is very close. And observe how Moroccans spend time looking at the freighters and ships that cross the waters between Tarifa and our metropolis.
From this point on top of the old Tangier, you cross the wall that surrounds the Kasbah. Then you can visit the interesting and beautiful renovated museum in the former Sultan's palace. Then, you choose to have fun walking through the medina following the marked itineraries or on a guided tour. Until you reach iconic places like the Petit Zoco square, American Delegation, the old big souk now converted into the 9th April Square and the historic café Paris.
We will finish our excursion after the transfer to the airport/port or hotel we agreed. End of our services.
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) in one day trip in Tangier.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival in Tangier to be agreed.
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Tangier as a single trip, ask us for the Northern Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives.
- Degree of occupation and disinfection of vehicles according to legislation.
- Sanitizing hand gel available for travelers and staff.
- Mandatory use of mask in car and public areas.
- Frequent hand washing is mandatory.
- Safety distance 1.5 m with your interlocutor.
- Stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.