On the day trip, excursion to Chaouen from Tangier, we will travel to the so called blue pearl of Morocco. The magical blue village of Chefchaouen in the Rif Mountains is 115 km by road to the southeast of Tangier, two and a half hours away. The journey by private transport will also show rural northern Morocco and Mediterranean landscapes that become increasingly mountainous during the journey. We can make a stop in intermediate places, such as the town of Ait-lahcen, where to eat wonderfully.
The blue village of Chaouen, although it is a very tourist destination, it is a sacred town that only since 1920, with the arrival of the Spanish, began to allow foreigners to enter. And this is perceived from the first moment. It is an essential visit for the beauty of the place and its peculiarity.
In Chefchaouen you will enjoy the walk through its cozy streets painted indigo blue. There are different theories about why they are blue. For many they are ranked among the 10 most beautiful streets in the world. Instagramers: it will be your delight, every street, every door and every corner is a beautiful photograph.
It is worthy to visit the Kasbah and go upstairs its tower from where to observe the magical view of the village and the mountains of the Talassemtane National Park. We will approach to the river where the women gather to wash clothes and lay it in the sun following their customs. The medina is full of craft shops, so you can also enjoy of doing some shopping. The Andalusian-style Uta Al-Hammam square with restaurants on the roof of its buildings is ideal for lunch or take a tea in a pleasant place enjoying the breeze.
If you stay a couple of days mor in Chaouen, in addition we can make excursions to Talassemtane park, to Akchour waterfalls, or reach the sea in Oued Laou. You will enjoy breathtaking landscape when going there.
Direct return to Tangier and end of the excursion to Chaouen from Tangier (Morocco), and our services.
What includes this Chaouen excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Tangier to Chaouen, and return the same day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed (maximum 17h departure from Chaouen).
What is not include in this Chaouen excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to museums or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Tangier as a single trip, ask us for the Northern Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives
We take health and safety measures according to legislation of Morocco.
- Degree of occupation and disinfection of vehicles.
- Sanitizing hand gel available for travelers and staff.
- Mandatory use of mask in car and public areas.
- Frequent hand washing is mandatory.
- Safety distance 1.5 m with your interlocutor.
- Stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.