On the day trip to Chaouen, we will travel to the so called blue pearl of Morocco. The magical blue village of Chefchaouen in the Rif Mountains is 115 km by road to the southeast of Tangier, two and a half hours away. The journey by private transport will also show rural northern Morocco and Mediterranean landscapes that become increasingly mountainous during the journey. We can make a stop in intermediate places, such as the town of Ait-lahcen.
Although it is a very tourist destination, it is a sacred town that only since 1920, with the arrival of the Spanish, began to allow foreigners to enter. And this is perceived from the first moment. It is an essential visit for the beauty of the place and its peculiarity.
In Chaouen you will enjoy the walk through its cozy streets painted indigo blue. There are different theories about why they are blue. For many they are ranked among the 10 most beautiful streets in the world. Instagramers: it will be your delight, every street, every door and every corner is a beautiful photograph.
You can visit the Kasbah and go upstairs its tower from where to observe the magical view of the village and the mountains of the Talassemtane National Park. We will approach to the river where the women gather to wash clothes and lay it in the sun following their customs. The medina is full of craft shops, so you can also enjoy of doing some shopping. The Andalusian-style Uta Al-Hammam square with restaurants on the roof of its buildings is ideal for lunch or take a tea in a pleasant place enjoying the breeze.
If you stay a couple of days, in addition to the excursion to Chaouen we can make excursions to Talassemtane park, to Akchour waterfalls, or reach the sea in Oued Laou. You will enjoy breathtaking landscape when going there.
Return to Tangier and end of the excursion of Choauen, and our services.
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Tangier to Chaouen, and return the same day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed (maximum 17h departure from Chaouen).
- Possibility of making this and other excursions from Tangier and constitute a single trip, ask for the Northern Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives