One day trip to Larache, a coastal city 90 km south of Tangier, which is almost an hour and a half away. We will take you to Larache, with the option to visit Assilah before.
The beautiful town of Assilah, former Portuguese fortification, is a maritime destination that will surely delight you. It is a small enclave amidst beaches of fine sand that is located about 50 km on the south of Tangier, halfway to Larache. (See excursion to Assilah for more details or contact us).
If you are interested in archeology and history, it is worth to visit Lixus, out of the massive tourism routes. It is an interesting Roman site on the hill about 5 km from the city. From the top of this hill, you will see the beautiful panoramic views over the Loukkos River and its beautiful delta. The site, although less conserved than Volubilis in Meknes, has recently been reconditioned in 2019. It shows us a complete Roman ecosystem of houses, fish factory, temples and even a beautiful amphitheater from which to contemplate the sunset. There are beautiful well preserved mosaics that have been protected since they were discovered. The visit can be guided with the guardian of the enclosure that had lived in a house in the same ruins since his father also exercised this function.
Nowadays a fishing harbour, Larache was founded in the Middle Ages and Portugal, Spain and Morocco are part of its history. Therefore, the influence of its colonial past is reflected in the architecture of its buildings. You will enjoy the city with a walk through the blue and white medina, observing the current Moroccan way of life in a medium-sized city. You can have a tea or eat near the port and see how the boats leave and enter the open sea and how the current changes flank. We will finish the excursion to Larache, passing through the Liberation Square, from which the main streets of the colonial city, the Kasbah and the Atlantic balcony offers stunning views of the port, before our return to Tangier.
Return to Tangier and end of our services.
What includes this Larache excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Tangier to Larache, and return the same day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed (maximun 17h departure from Larache). Ask for info to add Assilah visit in this excursion.
What is not include in this Larache excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to museums or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Tangier as a single trip, ask us for the Northern Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives