Although it is a very tourist destination, Chaouen is a sacred town that only since 1920 with the arrival of the Spanish, began to allow foreigners to enter. And this is perceived from the first moment. It is an essential visit for the beauty of the town and its singularity.
In Chaouen you will enjoy the morning walk through its cozy streets painted indigo blue. There are different theories about why they are blue. For many they are ranked among the 10 most beautiful streets in the world. Instagramers: it will be your delight, every street, every door and every corner is a beautiful picture.
You can visit the Kasbah and go upstairs its tower from where to observe the magical view of the village and the mountains of the Talassemtane National Park. Approach to the river where the women gather to wash clothes and lay it in the sun following their traditions. The medina is full of craft shops, so you can also enjoy of doing some shopping. The Andalusian-style Uta Al-Hammam square with restaurants on the roof of its buildings is ideal for lunch or take a tea in a pleasant place enjoying the breeze.
We return after lunch to Tangier, to end this getaway to Tetouan and Chaouen.
If you stay a couple of days more, in addition to the excursion to Chaouen we can make excursions to Talassemtane park, to Akchour waterfalls, or reach the sea in Oued Laou. You will enjoy breathtaking landscape when going there.Ask us for these extensions.
What includes this Chaouen & Tetouan excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Tangier to Tetouan and Chaouen, and return the following day; and accommodation in BB or HB optonal in riad/hotel in the chosen category (basic, comfort, luxury).
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed (maximum 16h departure from Chaouen).
What is not included in this Chaouen & Tetouan excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to the kasbah or museums, or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Tangier as a single trip, ask us for the Northern Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives