In summer, this fishing port is a popular beach destination. Its unique Portuguese fortification protects its charming little medina of whitewashed houses. It is delicious to walk quietly in the silence of its narrow streets. Each corner and each door are a postcard. If it is already accessible, we reach the viewpoint of the fortress wall that enters into the sea. There you can sit and relax with the view on the white profile of houses and rocks in which the waves break. It is a time to enjoy that you will not forget.
In addition, facades of Assilah are the annual setting of the art festival, which paints them with murals of different styles. It is a gift for the sight that produces from year to year, different portraits of its corners. You will discover also that the medina is full of bohemian-style stores. You can stop to buy clothes, pottery, jewelry or some other Moroccan souvenir. And do not forget to visit, very close to the medina, the beautiful Christian church of San Bartolomé, from 1927. It is always a curious contrast amidst the Moroccan buildings that surround it.
However, the prehistoric jewel 15 km from Assilah, is the unknown Cromlech of M’zora. It is a small set of circle monoliths like those of Stonehenge in United Kingdom. And in fact, it is the only megalithic monument known in all of North Africa. If you want to hire this option added to the Assilah excursion, just let us know it.
Depending on the schedule of the excursion, it is worth eating in a fresh fish restaurant halfway, or already in Assilah itself.
Transfer to the airport or port of Tangier and end of our services.
- Personalized private tour only for your group.
- Price includes private transportation (with wifi and air conditioning) and accommodation in BB or HB optional in riad / hotel in the chosen category.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed.
- Trip does not include flights, which will be booked by the customer.
- Does not include midday meals, drinks, tips, museum tickets, nor fees of visits or other activities.
- Enjoy going to a hammam or spa, a ceramic workshop or moroccan cooking class, going on quad or buggy, visit more museums ... your experience will be unique with the people and culture of the country.
- Possibility of adding 1 day in Assilah, Chaouen or Tangier, to enjoy more activities.
Contact / Bookings