On a day trip from Tangier, we take you to the beautiful town of Assilah. This maritime destination will surely delight you. It is a small enclave amidst beaches of fine sand that is located about 50 km on the south. The road trip will allow you to enjoy a beautiful landscape of these infinite beaches that stretch along the northern Atlantic coast of Morocco. If you wish, we can stop to take some pictures. Or also take a short walk on the seashore in a detour. Depending on the schedule of the excursion, it is worth eating in a fresh fish restaurant halfway, or already in Assilah itself.
In summer, this fishing port is a popular beach destination. Its unique Portuguese fortification protects its charming little medina of whitewashed houses. It is delicious to walk quietly in the silence of its narrow streets. Each corner and each door are a postcard. If it is already accessible, we reach the viewpoint of the fortress wall that enters into the sea. There you can sit and relax with the view on the white profile of houses and rocks in which the waves break. It is a time to enjoy that you will not forget.
In addition, facades of Assilah are the annual setting of the art festival, which paints them with murals of different styles. It is a gift for the sight that produces from year to year, different portraits of its corners. You will discover also that the medina is full of bohemian-style stores. You can stop to buy clothes, pottery, jewelry or some other Moroccan souvenir. And do not forget to visit, very close to the medina, the beautiful Christian church of San Bartolomé, from 1927. It is always a curious contrast amidst the Moroccan buildings that surround it.
However, the prehistoric jewel 15 km from Assilah, is the unknown Cromlech of M’zora. It is a small set of circle monoliths like those of Stonehenge in United Kingdom. And in fact, it is the only megalithic monument known in all of North Africa. If you want to hire this option added to the Assilah excursion, just let us know it.
Return to Tangier and end of our services.
What includes this Assilah excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Tangier to Assilah, and return the same day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed. You can add one o more nights in Assilah to enjoy the beach.
What is not include in this Assilah excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to museums or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Tangier as a single trip, ask us for the Northern Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives
We take health and safety measures according to legislation of Morocco.
- Degree of occupation and disinfection of vehicles.
- Sanitizing hand gel available for travelers and staff.
- Mandatory use of mask in car and public areas.
- Frequent hand washing is mandatory.
- Safety distance 1.5 m with your interlocutor.
- Stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.