For many, the one day trip to Tetouan is like revisiting the series based on the book by María Dueñas, "The time in between".
On this excursion to Tetouan you can choose between two itineraries. From October to June (except Easter), we can enjoy the road along the coast of the Mediterranean Sea. Beautiful beaches of Fnideq or Martil are full during the summer and the narrow road.
Another shorter option is to go to Tetouan by the beautiful inland road where we will appreciate the rural Morocco that stretches between Tangier and our destination. You can make a stop in the village of Ait Lahcen to observe the landscape and rural life while having tea or taking a short walk. Depending on the time, we can stop there to eat one of the wonderful tajines or grilled meat cooked in the typical stalls of this road town. By default we will choose this last route or the highway because it is faster.
Tetouan is the former capital of the Spanish protectorate. Also known by the nickname "The white dove", the city covers the hillsides where it is settled with whitewashed houses. On a guided tour you can enjoy its huge medina, declared a World Heritage Site. It is a real wonder and very little known. You will perceive that it still remains authentic and you can enjoy observing all kinds of artisans working in it.
It is very nice to start the visit from the Moulay El Mehdi Square, where the bell of a Catholic church still tells time. Then, stroll through the stylish “Ensanche” enjoying the well-preserved colonial facades to the royal palace. Everything in Tetouan is painted white and green. And it is also full of signs of its old Spanish character. The palace is located in the beautiful Hassan II square, garnished with modernist columns of a disciple of Gaudí who resided in Melilla.
Tetouan has not yet been invaded by tourism and it is worth observing the daily life of its inhabitants to get an idea of what Morocco is nowadays. The light of Tetouan, as in Tangier, is so bright that you will not forget. After the visit, we travel back to Tangier the shortest way and leave you at the agreed point.
What includes this Tetouan excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Tangier to Tetouan, and return the same day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed. Ask for an extension to Chaouen.
What is not include in this Tetouan excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to museums or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Tangier as a single trip, ask us for the Northern Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives