The excursion to the Valley of Ourika, takes you from Marrakech to the heart of the Berber country in the rural Morocco. The journey takes a little bit more than forty five minutes, as the Valley of Ourika river is located 30 km southeast of the red city. It is a valley of the Atlas mountains, in the High Atlas at the foot of Toubkal, which is the highest mountain in North Africa.
If you are in Marrakech, the Ourika valley day tour is a way to escape from the hustle and bustle of the city, of the crowded medina and souks for a while. A day trip to approach the beautiful nature of the Atlas mountains of Morocco, to know the so different region that surrounds the city of Marrakech. And finally, the road crosses the valley of Ourika through a multitude of traditional Berber villages where you can appreciate the way of living of its inhabitants.
Part of the refreshing route runs along the Ourika river, which is born here in the High Atlas. You will reach the small town of Setti-Fatma from which you can hire a local guide and go trekking to some of the beautiful Ourika valley waterfalls. First ones are easily accessible and the following ones are more difficult to reach. This usually takes 2 hours walking.
What to do in Ourika Valley
After the trekking in the valley to the Ourika waterfalls, the Ourika Valley day trip is also a good opportunity to taste the delicious Moroccan rural food. Feel the fresh water in your feet having lunch or a tea in the terraces and restaurants with tables in the river. Of course you’ll always find a table by the river if you only want to enjoy the view and the relaxing sound of the water.
Among other activities, in the Valley of Ourika you can visit with us a berber home to discover how we live at home and get in touch with the berber culture of this zone. You can also visit some workshops of Berber rugs, usually produced by women that are empowered by these work. It’s also a good opportunity to buy some hand-made pottery or some argan oil.
At the afternoon, return to Marrakech and end of our services in the Ourika valley day trip.
The Valley of Ourika can be a part of an extended excursion called The Three Valley day trip: We will visit the Asni Valley too and the Oukaimeden valley in the same day. If you want to do this longer day-trip, please specify it when you contact us.
What includes this Ourika excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Marrakech to Ourika, and return the same day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed (maximum 17h departure from Ourika).
What is not include in this Ourika excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to museums or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Marrakech as a single trip, ask us for the South Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives
We take health and safety measures according to legislation of Morocco.
- Degree of occupation and disinfection of vehicles.
- Sanitizing hand gel available for travelers and staff.
- Mandatory use of mask in car and public areas.
- Frequent hand washing is mandatory.
- Safety distance 1.5 m with your interlocutor.
- Stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.