Excursion to Imlil is a one day trip of 50 km from Marrakech to the Grand Atlas mountains, majestic nature of great landscape beauty. We will travel by road south for an hour and a half to Imlil. The tour that passes through Asni, offers views of Morocco that will fascinate you. Imlil is a small town that is at the base of Toubkal, the highest mountain in the country and in all of North Africa, with 4,164 m. Imlil is the departure of trekkings and expeditions towards the top.
Imlil thus offers a high mountain environment, although it is 1800 m above sea level. It is visited by hikers with the aim of an ascent to Toubkal (they spend a night or two in intermediate shelter). It does not demand great difficulty but a certain physical form.
Excursion is for travelers who just want that high mountain environment and be near those impressive snowy peaks much of the year. Or to enjoy green tones of the trees that are taking their slopes along the year. Apart from visiting the town, you can take a walk around a couple of hours. This allow you to visit several villages and cross the riverbed. You will enjoy beautiful panoramic views and you will mix in the life of its inhabitants. There is the possibility of hiring local guides and mules to facilitate the journey even carrying luggage or a picnic.
It is ideal to make the excursion to Imlil if you want to leave behind the suffocating heat of Marrakech in summer. You can even spend a night in the cold mountain air, since there are numerous small hotels and charming riads in the village that will also bring you closer to the Berber way of life. The excursion is also a good opportunity to taste Moroccan rural food..
Enjoy the nature of Morocco in the Atlas with this one day trip.
Return to Marrakech and end of our services.
What includes this Imlil excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) from Marrakech to Imlil, and return the same day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed.
What is not include in this Imlil excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to museums or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Marrakech as a single trip, ask us for the South Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives