Excursion to Essaouira from Marrakech, 3 hours by car. Essaouira is also known as the "City of the Wind". It attracts surfers from all over the world. In June it hosts the international reputed annual Gnawa music Festival. The city now has a bohemian and maritime atmosphere. Many civilizations passed through Essaouira, predominating the product of the Portuguese occupation architecture. Its characteristic blue doors and white walls of fishing village, make it considered the jewel of the sea of Morocco. You can explore the city, the Skala Fortress and see the Thuya wood carved by artisans. Take a walk in the alleys of the medina and the port between his iconic gulls overflying blue fishing boats.
On our way we will stop, as it is the land of Argan. This is an opportunity to visit a cooperative of women who make Argan oil, the liquid gold of Morocco. The oil is famous for its culinary, cosmetic and medicinal properties. And also for the fun goats that climb their trees. We will stop to see them and we can take some pictures.
As an added option to this excursion to Essaouira from Marrakech, there is the lovely Sidi Kaouki, a windy fishing village, about 20 km on the south. It is now a picturesque and bohemian enclave of long wild and desert beaches of fine sand delivered to the Atlantic. If you have never ridden a dromedary, as in Essaouira, you can walk along the beach in one of them. In a corner of the beach, the Marabou of Sidi Kaouki is erected, a spiritual place where an annual festival is celebrated in honor of this “saint”. After, we can have a drink in one of the cafés. Restaurants and hostels are all arranged as a long row that runs through the only street in the town. It is loved specially by surfers and watersports enthusiasts which requires wind.
Return to Marrakech and end of our services.
What includes this Essaouira excursion:
- Personalized private excursion only for your group.
- Price includes private transport (with wifi and air conditioning) desde Marrakech a Essaouira, y regreso el mismo day.
- Professional local driver who speaks customer's language (English, Spanish, French, Italian, Swedish, among others).
- Points and schedule of collection and arrival to be agreed (maximum 17h departure from Essaouira). We recommend to spend a night in Essaouira and return the following day; ask for this option.
What is not include in this Essaouira excursion:
- Meals, drinks, or entrance tickets to museums or other activities.
-Does not include fee for local guide (to consult).
- If you want to do this and other excursions from Marrakech as a single trip, ask us for the South Star tour.
- This itinerary is subject to modifications depending on the start and arrival time, or weather or other force majeure imperatives
We take health and safety measures according to legislation of Morocco.
- Degree of occupation and disinfection of vehicles.
- Sanitizing hand gel available for travelers and staff.
- Mandatory use of mask in car and public areas.
- Frequent hand washing is mandatory.
- Safety distance 1.5 m with your interlocutor.
- Stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms.